Saturday, March 14, 2009

My first hostel room



Arrived in San Cristobal de Las Casas today.
By now i´ve been on the road for about two weeks (feels like forever) and finally today i got my first hostel-room. While i love couchsurfing, i found myself missing the pre-packaged chemically processed breakfasts, long lines for the "free internet PC" at the hostel´s lobby and constant noise of partying post-teens. But although i adore communal dormitory showers as much as the next guy, i decided to splurge and get myself my very own private room, ensuite :). I´m going to take private shower after private shower after private shower.
- -

Later update:
that private shower thing didn´t work out as well as planned. My bathroom only had water in random minute intervals, so most of the time i was freezing my naked butt off in the shower cabin, waiting for the next gush of water to come :)
Therefore, i DO NOT recommend "Planet Hostel" in San Cristobal de Las Casas, which besides the water problems had also incredibly cold rooms with zero sound-isolation. The complimentary breakfast was worth about 5 pesos (about 4,5 EEK), so make your own conclusions about the quality of it.

180 pesos (about 160 EEK) / double bed / ensuite / per night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails